The Public Officer is appointed by the Committee and is not elected by the members of the TCA. In short the Public Officer is the point of contact between the TCA and NSW Department of Fair Trading.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Notify the Registrar of appointment as Public Officer or a change of the Public Officer’s address within 14 days of the change by lodging a Change of Association Details form. No fee is required
- Notify the Registrar of a change of the association’s registered address within 14 days of the change by lodging a Change of Association Details form. No fee is required.
- Within 1 month after the annual general meeting, lodge with the Registrar an Annual Statement by Public Officer and other required financial documents with the prescribed fee.
- Obtain from Treasurer Annual Income and Expenditure Statement and Assets and Liability Statement
- Within 14 days of the association becoming trustee of a trust, lodge with the Registrar the particulars of the trust and a copy of any relevant documents. No fee is required.
- Apply to the Registrar for approval to alter the statement of purposes or rules within 28 days after the alteration was passed by special resolution. An Application for Alteration of Rules or Purpose must be lodged with the prescribed fee.
- Apply to the Registrar for approval of a change of change within 1 month after passing a special resolution to change the association’s name. An Application for Change of Association Name must be lodged with the prescribed fee.
- Notify the Registrar of special resolution relation to the winding up and distribution of the assets of the association within 28 days of passing the resolution. A Notice of Special Resolution for Distribution of Assets on Voluntary Winding Up must be lodged with the prescribed fee.