The Secretary should:
- be organized
- have computer skills
- be a good communicator
- be able to keep confidential matters confidential.
Specific duties include but are not limited to:
- Maintain records of the Committee and ensure effective management of Club’s records
- Manage Minutes of Committee meetings, including either recording the Minutes or ensuring the Minutes Secretary does so, and ensuring minutes are distributed to members shortly after each meeting
- Development of the agenda in consultation with other Committee members and distribution prior to the meeting
- Is sufficiently familiar with all current TCA documents to note applicability during meetings
- Is responsible for ensuring that accurate and sufficient documentation exists to meet legal requirements
- Enable and authorise people to help with the Committee’s business. This includes signing a copy of the final approved Minutes and ensuring that the signed copy is maintained
- Ensure that the records of the TCA are maintained as required by law and made available when required by authorised persons. These records may include founding documents, lists of Committee members, Committee meeting Minutes, financial reports, and other official records
- The Secretary ensures that official records are maintained of members of the TCA and Committee. He / she ensures that these records are available when required for reports, elections, referenda, other votes, etc.
- Provide an up-to-date copy of the Constitution and bylaws at all meetings.
- Ensure that proper notification is given of Committee and TCA meetings as specified in the bylaws
- Manage the general correspondence of the Committee except for such correspondence assigned to others
- Help and lead the Committee in providing systematic communication from the Committee to TCA members and other relevant stakeholders