Tumbulgum Community Association is an incorporated, not for profit community organisation run by and for the residents of Tumbulgum and North East Hinterland of the Tweed Shire.
Our Mission: is to represent Tumbulgum in matters affecting the wellbeing of the residents.
Our Goal: is to provide greater opportunities for the Tumbulgum Village community to interact socially within and across the North East Hinterland and the Tweed Shire.
Meetings: Public meetings are held at the Tumbulgum Hall on the second Tuesday of each month (except January). Commencing at 7:00pm. Come along from 6.45pm for a cuppa and chat before the meeting. All members and residents are welcome.
Tumbulgum Community Association Elections: Held at the Annual General Meeting set down for the second Tuesday of April.
Publications: The monthly Tumbulgum Community Association Newsletter is published on this site (see “Documents”) and also sent to members via Email.
Tumbulgum Hall: The Tumbulgum Community Association manages the hall on behalf of the Tweed Shire Council. Our commitment is to promote the hall as a focal point for Tumbulgum community life and celebrations. See “Hall Hire“.
Current Projects For the Tumbulgum Community Association 2018-2019
- Trivia Night Fundraiser for Tumbulgum Public School – Tue 17 July
- Tumbulgum Locality Plan – community engagement
- Road Safety in the Village and surrounding roads
- Refurbishment of Hall facilities following flooding from Cyclone Debbie
- Updating Flood Preparedness resources
- Riverside gathering 27 March 2018 to remember the last 12 months
- Australia Day 2018
- JETTY & CALENDAR LAUNCH 2017
- Christmas in July 2017
- Maria Van Vliet Fundraiser – 2017
- Cyclone Debbie Recovery 2017
- Australia Day 2017
- If These Halls Could Talk – 2016
- 150 Years Celebration 2016
- Bluey Hill Park Monument
- Memorial Gates Restoration
- Defibrillator purchase and installation at Tumbulgum Tavern
- Hall Centenary celebration (1913-2013)
- Heritage Trail